»Being an artist isn’t a genetic disposition or a specific talent. It’s an attitude we can all adopt.« — Seth Godin
and welcome to »UX und Tollerei« number 90. I'm excited to be joined by Benjamin and Dirk from FOREAL, a young design and art direction studio based in Trier, Germany, who contributed Clippy for this week's issue. They do some pretty unique 3D work with intense colors and surreal compositions, so make sure to check them out and say hi.
And now, let's start with this week's round-up. Happy reading!
- Open color - An accessible color scheme for UI design
- Halloween Costumes for Designers - What's your favorite? I'm going with »Notorious RGB«
- »I learned that being vulnerable together not only builds trust, but can expose key challenges in an experience that are opportunities for design.« - Designing With Teens
- Preparing for your Design Sprint
- An endless bombardment of news and gossip and images has rendered us manic information addicts. It broke me. It might break you, too - I Used to Be a Human Being
- »Bad product design is fixed by hiring good designers not by adopting a better design process.« - Design Process is a Myth
- A collection of repeatable SVG background patterns for you to use on your digital projects - Hero Patterns
- Why Windows 98’s User Onboarding is Better Than Yours
- Monotype and Google have just released Noto, a free-to-use type family that supports around 800 human languages - Creating Noto for Google
Thanks for reading!
See you next week
Published on October 9, 2016