welcome again to this issue of »UX und Tollerei«. As always, I have some inspiring articles for you.
Now, grab a cold beverage, sit comfortably and happy reading because especially this week I have some quite lengthy in-depth articles for you, so take your time and happy reading:
- A down-to-earth yet inspiring open letter to design students
- Here are some of the ways I’ve fucked up as a designer.
- »Consistency is important because it creates trust. And design is all about creating relationships between products and users.« - Designing a styleguide: elements that go into building compelling products
- I just love how much thought went into creating a fitting new illustration style for Shopify's design language - Building a New Illustration Style for Shopify
- Another brilliant read by Nick Babich - Graphical User Interface as a Reflection of the Real World: Shadows and Elevation
- »Design will be less about delivering on a user's request, and more about responding to the needs they haven't expressed yet.« - The Designer’s AI Study Guide.
- Introducing Framer for iOS
- Some great tips that will make your everyday work with Sketch a lot smarter - 5 Ways to Keep Your Sketch Kitchen Clean
- Let’s not confuse obfuscation with simplification - Stop the overuse of overflow menus
- Conversational Interfaces: Where Are We Today? Where Are We Heading?
That's it for this week. Remember to tweet me @kaibrueckers if you have any suggestions to make this reading list better.
See you next week
Published on July 24, 2016