»You can use an eraser on the drafting table or a sledge hammer on the construction site.«
— Frank Lloyd Wright
and welcome to another issue of »UX und Tollerei« on this sunny May 1st. This week's issue is powered by the extremely talented Franziska Schneider who draws lovely watercolored characters. If you want to see more of Franziska's work, you should definitely check out her portfolio!
And now, on to the links I want to share with you this week:
- Color palette masterpieces from the world's greatest artists - Color Lisa
- I really like how Airbnb puts a lot of effort and thought into their design principles - The Way We Build
- »[...] product design is all about edge cases« - A man sent me a dick pic on Instagram
- Nathan Curtis put together a comprehensive list of 12 tips for creating a set of buttons that endure - Buttons in Design Systems
- The Legend of Prince’s Special Custom-Font Symbol Floppy Disks
- Some great insights shared by Kai Brach on one of my favorite independent print magazines - Indie Magonomics
- A collection of moving interfaces to give you a glimpse of a product's UX - Use Your Interface
- One last thing on a personal note: Today is May 1st Reboot, an international event for relaunching designer's portfolios. As you might know, I'm participating in this challenge, so I'm proud to reveal kaibrueckers.com. Yay! Also check out some of the great relaunches from around the world on Twitter
That's it for this week. Remember to follow me @kaibrueckers. Thanks for reading!
See you next week
Published on May 1, 2016