»We need to stop worrying about proving the value of design and just focus on outcomes that provide value.« — Denis Weil
welcome again to this issue of »UX und Tollerei«. As always, I have some inspiring articles for you. Now, grab a hot beverage, sit comfortably and happy reading:
- An informative quick-read on How to Create Visually Effective Calls-To-Action
- Fantastic conversation between Om Malik and German type pioneer and designer Erik Spiekermann - A Conversation With Erik Spiekermann
- »Beauty cannot replace functionality, but beauty and functionality together achieve incredibly greater results.« When data visualization meets aesthetic elements, it should look like this - Beautiful Reasons
- Motion with Meaning: Semantic Animation in Interface Design
- »People who care take ownership of the whole product, not just the bits they’ve been assigned.« Shopify's onboarding talk to new designers - What you own vs. What you care about
- Interesting read about Generating Ideas at Apple and the power of Lateral Thinking
- What Does Disney Know About Interface Animation?
- Jeremy Friedland shares some insights on Designing a More Expressive Profile Picture
- Impressive design study about rethinking the desktop interface for productivity - Desktop Neo
- »Often a task is conceptually simple, but the complexity comes from the implementation and edge cases.« - Product design — How we make complex tasks feel simple
Thanks for reading! And as usual: Remember to tweet me @kaibrueckers if you have any questions.
See you next week
Published on Jan 24, 2016