»Lot of Designers I know are Artists [...]. You could argue that Design is solution driven, and you should be able to separate yourself from it. But in most cases I wouldn't agree. While Design is solution driven, the emotional attachment of its Designer often makes the difference.« — Tobias van Schneider
I hope you all had a good start to 2016 so far! After some well-spent time with family and friends I’m glad the lazy days are now over.
Exactly one year ago this little »UX und Tollerei« journey started and what should I say, the ride is staggering so far! The lovely feedback and your friendly emails I got after last week's issue were quite motivating, so off to a new year with interesting links and reads:
- »You have to set aside time every day to do things that improve your personal and professional skills and make you an overall better designer. But without planning, that’s no easy task.« - Visual planning for designers
- As always: It's 2016. Update Your Footer.
- The role and high potential of animation in modern efficient user interfaces. Some beautiful examples of UI animation - Interface Animation. The Force of Motion
- Stop #DailyUi Start #FixUi
- »Psychologists have found that the creative personality contains layers of depth, complexity and contradictions.« - Why So Many Artists Are Highly Sensitive People
See you next week
Published on Jan 2, 2016