»It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.« — Steve Jobs
this week on December 1st, Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan welcomed their daughter Maxima into this world. For her birth, they wrote a lengthy and heartwarming open letter, I really recommend to read. Furthermore I found some more interesting articles for you to enjoy, so let's jump right in:
- Design Principles for Reducing Cognitive Load
- »You know you have a good design when you show it to people and they say, “oh, yeah, of course,” like the solution was obvious.« Julie Zhuo's great article about an early nugget of wisdom and her today's interpretation of Good Design
- An interesting (and well illustrated) read on how to design products with impact - A behavioral approach to product design
- Thoughts from Khoi Vinh on using Apple's new iPad Pro for design work - Doing Real Design Work on an iPad
- Why Proxima Nova Is Everywhere.
- »The answers you’re looking for are far away from your screen« - The State of UX in 2016
- Geoff Teehan on setting priorities not only in your work life - Ruthlessly Prioritize
That's it, we're already at the end of this week's issue. Remember to tweet me @kaibrueckers if you have any questions.
See you next week
Published on Dec 6, 2015