»Nothing is more terrible than activity without insight.« — Thomas Carlyle
new week, new issue. This time with a whole bunch of interesting links and articles, so let's jump right in:
- Who thought that you could get excited about using system UI fonts in your web design? A quick practical guide by Marcin Wichary
- »If Apple were taking the class, it would fail.« - How Apple Is Giving Design A Bad Name
- An overview of misused mobile UX patterns and things to keep in mind when designing for mobile
- What I’ve Learned Designing Small Things at Facebook
- An interesting approach about integrating stateful thinking into your design process - The Nine States of Design
- Jonathan Jarvis explains how integral motion design was to the recent Google rebrand - Interview: Motion design and the Google identity
- »Once the users learn how to interact with a certain pattern in the system, they would assume the same workflow could apply on the other parts of the software.« - How to maintain product UX consistency?
- List vs. Grid View: When to Use Which on Mobile
- An overview and benchmark of 15 airlines websites, common mistakes, smart solutions and lessons learned — both in terms of UX and front-end performance - The State Of Airline Websites 2015: Lessons Learned
- A great collection of 334 Design talks from 50 UX/UI conferences all over the world - Uideo
That's it for this week. Remember to follow me @kaibrueckers. Thanks for reading!
See you next week
Published on Nov 15, 2015