»UX isn't just about making things "as easy as possible" its about making the experience worthwhile.« — Jonathan Shariat
I hope you all had a great week. Issue 4 kicks in with a batch of new articles and even some nice tools, so sit back, relax and have fun reading this week's issue:
- Let's start with a nice and crisp insight article by Redbooth's Rachel Kumar on »Why We Banished the Hamburger Menu From Our iPhone App«
- »Release smarter, not larger«. A great read by Jerry Cao on how to prove your assumptions about a business idea with the MVP model - Putting the “VP” into MVP
- Does design even matter?
- Stephen Meszaros took the time to break down some of the most popular prototyping tools, resulting in a comprehensive list of their key characteristics and their respective weak points - Prototyping Tools
- In a two-part series, Alex Fedorov guides through some best practices of user onboarding techniques in today's web apps - An intro to user onboarding
- Designer Claudia Mussett created a great looking, M.C. Escher-esque alphabet as a typographic tribute to Monument Valley - Monument Valley inspired alphabet
- As you may have noticed already, design studio Teehan+Lax announced last week that they'll join Facebook. As a follow-up, here's the story Teehan+Lax isn’t telling
- You sure know user stories. Converting To Jobs Stories
- The traditional agency is not dead, but the way how it communicates itself is stagnating - The agency is dead. Long live the agency.
- Using motion in your interfaces can help your users to better understand what is happening on the screen. Drew Thomas wrote a great article about this topic - Using Motion For User Experience On Apps And Websites
That's it for this week. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions you can directly tweet me @kaibrueckers. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great weekend.
See you next week
Published on Jan 23, 2015