»If you remember the shape of your spoon at lunch, it has to be the wrong shape. The spoon and the letter are tools; one to take food from the bowl, the other to take information off the page... When it is a good design, the reader has to feel comfortable because the letter is both banal and beautiful.«
— Adrian Frutiger (passed away yesterday at the age of 87)
I hope you all had a great week. Issue #37 is here, which means, I have another bunch of interesting links for you. Happy reading:
- Hello, My Name is <Error>
- The results of Khoi Vinh's Design Tools Survey - The Tools Designers Are Using Today
- »The day I became a better designer was the day I started looking outside the design industry for inspiration. It was the day I started reading books about philosophy, psychology, art or science.« - The Day You Became A Better Designer
- Never Use The Confirm Dialog
- After its Special Event this week, Apple published their new Human Interface Guidelines for the new tvOS
- »Make wonderful new things, responsibly!« - Designing Safer Web Animation For Motion Sensitivity
- Defining Design
That's it for this week's issue. Thanks for reading!
I'm heading to Switzerland (my second homeland) now to get a few days off.
Bis nächscht Wuche also
Published on Sep 13, 2015