»To design is to plan, to order, to relate, and to control. In short, it opposes all means of disorder and accident.« — Emil Ruder
we're halfway through 2015 and it's been 6 months since the first »UX und Tollerei« issue was published!
For 26 weeks now, I read through a pile of articles and I still love to prepare this little round-up for currently over 2000 subscribers. Yay! Needless to say, I'm excited for the next 6 months!
But for now, let's start with this week's list:
- »An empty state, or zero-data state, is an afterthought for many designers.« - Why empty states deserve more design time
- Designing For (and With) Color Blindness
- Great and extensive article on how Dribbble manages design, development and other workflows in a partly remote team - Inside Design: Dribbble
- In her screencast, Val Head reviews five mobile sites doing well in designing UI animations - Screencast: UI Animation Reviews – Animation In Responsive Design
- Google's Guide To Designing With Empathy
- »A good designer will have a logical answer for each decision. Nothing should be done at random, after all, and intentionality is a hallmark of good design.« - A Matter of Principle
- Great behind-the-scenes video on how the new Windows 10 default background was achieved - Windows 10 Hero Desktop Image | Behind the Scenes
- Legibility ≠ Optional
That's it for this week. Remember to vote for me for this year's Net Awards if you would like to support me! Thanks for reading!
See you next week
Published on Jun 27, 2015