»Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.« — Albert Einstein
this week's issue comes in a little bit later than usual as I had some days off in Switzerland. I hope you don't mind, so without further ado, let's jump right into a batch of interesting reads:
- »Let's embrace the exception!« - The Homepage Exception
- How cards are taking over Web design
- Finally, Adobe works on some pretty rad tools for UI design - Photoshop Design Space
- A great behind-the-scenes look at Campo Santo's E3 Sony keynote - The Process Behind Putting Firewatch On Stage At E3
- Why Apple Abandoned the World’s Most Beloved Typeface
- Do you ever wanted to know where the CMD symbol comes from?
- »Any discussion of UI design will always return to UI patterns« - Mastering UI Patterns for Smarter Design
- Christopher Liu's take on today's increasing trend of apps inserting marketing slides as »onboarding process« - Skip the intro, don’t skip onboarding!
- Perhaps you already noticed Spotify's new, controversial green. Tobias van Schneider shares some thoughts behind the design decision - Improved Spotify Green
- »[...] the key to a successful design process is committing yourself to a real problem, not marrying the first seemingly attractive solution that turns up« - Designing Moments
- Last but not least: UX Hero is finally here!
That's it for this week. Thanks for reading!
See you next week
Published on Jun 21, 2015